Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Not much..

Not much happening at this end in the way of rug hooking. I have been busy with the Day Job which hasn't left much time for the hobbies.

Anyway, the sun is shining and the snow is abating, so spring is not very far behind. I only have one mug rug to complete. I have to tell you that I was disappointed with the quality of this kit. I purchased it through eBay and was not a bad price. However, as soon as I opened it and sorted out the wool strips, I knew that I was going to come up short on some colours.

Also, the mug rugs are so close together; less than 1/2 inch of fabric between them, that there won't be much in the way of salvage edging when it comes time to separate them. I will have to come up with some alternate finish but thanks to seeing some great examples on several hooking sites, I will be just fine.

By the way, I was able to match some wool that I had to the original colours where I was short, and you can't really see much difference. My morale of this story, is I won't be buying anymore kits on eBay. The next project is lined up on the lapframe and is an inukshuk and an iceberg. Following the completion of these patterns, I will strike out in the design world on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment