Monday, March 2, 2009

Next Project!



I started my next project which is a set of six "Mug Rugs" or coasters. The colours are quite nice and it is using wool strips.

Yesterday, I was able to visit a craft exhibit outside of the Pepsi Centre while the ECMAs were on here in Corner Brook. I got to meet Molly, the incredible rug hooker from Woody Point, Shawn, the wool designer/knitter and Urve, the wonderful glass creator. These three women are all extraordinary artists in their individual areas.

Meeting with Molly was informative and I realized in my few minutes with her, just how many mistakes I had made with my first project. Her pieces were absolutely gorgeous and she too, prefers using wool yarn. I will certainly be attending her classes this summer!

Pauline has made me a wonderful lapframe and this one with a hoop and large working area. She is going to make another one octogon shaped and with gripper strips that I ordered. I really like using the lapframe as it frees up both hands and with Pauline's design, I can tilt the frame in almost any direction.

Freezing rain and rain coming today but at least, you don't have to shovel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment