Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Design Considerations



What do you do to overcome the lack of skill in the design area and still produce quality rugs? Well, I am challenged when it comes to drawing! Talk about primitive, you bet!!And worse than a kindergarten child. I overcame my drawing inability when doing cross stitching as there is a wonderful software package I bought a few years ago, which converts any picture into a graph complete with colour keys.

Although, I have thought about using that software package to design rugs, I haven't yet. In the meantime, another great idea came to me. I took stained glass classes several years ago and I wondered if the simplistic patterns in glass could possibly translate into rug design? I think so!

There are some wonderful sites on the internet complete with free patterns. Remember my inukshuk? I am not happy with the design and more than that, I am not happy with my shading ability at this point in learning. Here's what I am going to do!

Rip it...Rip it out and using the other side of the fabric, I am going to redesign it into something simple like Mr. Puffin head! Of course, this will not be until some time on the weekend as usual the Day Job has precedence.

No comments:

Post a Comment