Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Why is it?

We were sitting around the fire on the weekend, looking up at the glittering stars and the play of lights on the bay. We started reminiscing about the places and people we worked with over the years.

Why is it sometimes, people are stuck in your memory banks for years and years after you had contact with them? You seem to remember full names of some people for absolutely no reason and don't remember others that you had alot of contact with. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Oh well, they say it is the memory that's the first to go. I do have a good memory but it seems shorter than it used to be. Now, working on the moose icon and it is coming along nicely. I am preparing for my semi annual trek to the Mainland to be with family in Quebec and Ontario. I hope this time to make a stop in Amherst, NS at Deanne's store and do some pre Christmas Shopping for myself!

2 comments:

  1. Our memory does have a tendency to do strange things to us, for sure. My memory is so bad over the past year or so that I was ordered a cat scan to make sure there were no problems. The test came back just fine but my memory is no better.....:) Must be that thing called "AGE".
    Hope you can use a computer to report on your vacation on your blog....I'll miss you if you don't. I hope, also, that you can visit Deanne's store and can tell us wonderful things about it and her when you come back...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the memory is funny. I went home to Advocate, NS for the first time in 15 years and I remembered the weirdest things.
    I remembered people's middle names and odd details of adventures with my best friends.
    Odd memories keeps our brains on it's toes.

    ReplyDelete