Friday, August 14, 2009

Yesterday's Flower Children





Yesterday's Flower Children are now today's leaders. Can it be 40 years since the celebration of Woodstock in the summer of '69. I had just graduated from high school and knew from my friends that there was to be a concert in the states.

There was no way I could have gone anyway but in spirit, I suppose all of us were there that weekend. A half million strong and all hoping for a change in the status quo. Now, here we are 40 years later, the Flower Children now aging adults and far from the dream of an Age of Aquarius.

1 comment:

  1. Julie, Julie, Julie! I am SO pleased to meet you! I have been reading your blog for awhile and meaning to comment. So many of the things you write about hit so very close to my heart. I am just an old hippie myself trying to figure out why we are so far from our ideals in the 60' and early 70's.

    That place you call home, Newfoundland, sounds like a little paradise. Reminds me of a place not too far from here on Lake Superior we visit. Bayfield and the Madelaine Island. I need to go there soon for some R & R. Don't know if we can get away this fall yet because of my Mom.

    I will be following your blog and hope we can chat really often. Way to much time on this computer but it has been a wonderful thing for me to connect with others. No rug hookers around here. So I treasure all that I am learning and hold precious all the souls I've come in contact with! Many Many blessings to you! Cathy G ❤

    ReplyDelete