Thursday, August 13, 2009

Summer's Over?



Living in Ontario for over 30 years, I picked up the habit of linking the end of summer with the CNE. Of course, when I saw in the Toronto Star that the CNE is starting August 21st, I could hear the little voice inside me say "Summer's Over."

In Newfoundland, while they don't equate the CNE to summer's end, I guess berry picking and the end of trout/salmon fishing signal something deeper than the start of moose hunting time.

Autumn is my time of year and has been for many, many years. The harvest, the smell of leaves in the air and crisp mornings all make me feel alive and spiritual at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. Nooo, summer's not over. I think it may be just beginnihng around here. Finally a couple of weeks of fairly decent weather. But I agree, autumn is my favorite season and I am looking forward to seeing the leaves change, but not just yet!!

    ReplyDelete