Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What Can I say?




Here is a wonderful picture of an Orca whale taken in Bonne Bay. What can I say? We live in the most beautiful place in the world. I guess everyone can say that about the place they live.

Well, the weather has been a mite damp our way and with Hurricane Bill on the horizon, perhaps affecting the island next week. I decided to head downstairs this morning as it was cool and dark on the deck. I passed the frame and stood with my steaming cup of java, looking at the emerging icons. I had hooked the land in the background a green but didn't like it and took it out last night, replacing it with a mottled red, yellow, green for an autumn effect.

I sat down, unable to resist the call of the hook and before I knew the goose is finished. I still had time to get ready for the Day Job and have my second cup.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful shot of the Orca, Julie. You are so right, we do live in the best place in the world with so much peace and freedom..Anxious to see your finished icon.....

    I am hoping to get to my hooking within the next day or so. Still have company around. I like to work alone on my mats. Strange, you may think, but I find that my mind is always working as well as my fingers. So I guess I can't talk and hook..... :)

    ReplyDelete