Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Anchors Away!




I love the way the water around the boat turned out. This was totally unplanned but it looks like small swells on the bow of the fishing boat.

This is the first large project I have done in rug hooking. A pattern by Anne Kirby. I must say that I am drawing on years of petit pointe and cross stitching, shading etc and it seems to be paying off.

I took out(reversed stitched) the blue around the wharf posts and used grey which helps change the prespective. The seagulls look a little funny but once they are squeezed into shape by the surrounding clouds/sky, I think they will look more like birds and less like cow horns in the sky!

Taking a couple of days off for a routine medical test and should have loads of rug hooking to report.

2 comments:

  1. I love your water and sky. They both have a lot of "movement." It's fun when something works out without even trying! I look forward to seeing it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super job, Julie..I like the grey better than the blue around the wharf. As for the gulls, at least now you know you will be able to hook a cow if you decide to...sooo funny!!!

    ReplyDelete