Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Canada Day!




It may be Canada's birthday today but I had to go to the day job. Not so bad as I have an extended weekend coming up!

It is Canada's 142th birthday and I complain about my age! But it makes me think this morning of Canada's 100th birthday. I was 15 years old and in Montreal at the time. This was the city to be in as of course, Expo'67 was being celebrated and there was happiness and abundence everywhere. Pride in ourselves, pride in our country, and pride in showcasing the best exposition in history.

I spent almost everyday at the Expo as my mother worked for the lodging division and had a pass which I used. There was so much to see and it was as if the world was open to be viewed and savoured.

We still have our pride in our nation but so much has changed since those hay days. The world is open to us without even leaving our homes through the internet, but I do miss the excitement the Expo'67 gave us as a unified nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment