Friday, July 3, 2009

Now, Introducing....




This morning, I would like to introduce my blog followers to a very talented rug hooker from the small fishing community of Lord's Cove, Anne Kirby. I first noticed Anne's original rug hooking designs on Rug Hooking Daily and immediately spotted talent.

I requested a pattern from Anne and as you know, I have transferred onto Scottish Burlap and started it last week. Anne has had a recent showing of two of her mats in St. John's and these will be on display until August. I really believe that Anne's designs are unique to the Newfoundland culture and history.

If you have a chance, please look in on Anne's new blog at my sidebar or if you are a member of Rug Hooking Daily to see her portifolio of designs. I am sure that we will be hearing more of this very talented artist.

1 comment: