Thursday, May 6, 2010

Learning New Stitches!










Way back, more than year ago, when I first decided to take up the art of rug hooking, I purchased my first kit from Molly Made Fibre Arts in near by Rocky Harbour.

Since that time, I have continued on learning through books and youtube, but never had an opportunity to take any classes or workshops.

I noticed the other day a new post on Molly's site and saw a one day workshop coming up and couldn't resist. It will be held in Norris Point during the Trails, Tales and Tunes festival and here is the link for the festival website.


http://www.trailstalestunes.ca

I want to learn different stitches and how to add texture to my rug hooking and also, it will be nice to socialize with other rug hookers from NL.

4 comments:

  1. Julie,
    That is great news! You so deserve to further your knowledge and most of all to gather with like minds! Enjoy!! Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a very good opportunity for you Julie. I look forward to reading how much fun you will have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you. I'm sure you will have a blast. Its alot of fun to get together for classes and workshops. You always find something to inspire your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Julie, this is such a good opportunity..sure wish I could learn some of those things as well. Can't wait to hear about your gathering, etc.

    ReplyDelete