Thursday, April 9, 2009

Happy Passover/Easter!




My mother doesn't take any chances. Christian, by birth, she worked in the Jewish community for more than 30 years, and has a deep respect for the Jewish faith. So, she takes no chances and celebrates both holidays.

I am happy that finally after good old fashioned winter, a long weekend. I received one of those funny emails this morning and it made me laugh.

Life is short. Enjoy it!
Dust if you must ........

but wouldn't it be better to paint a picture or write a letter?
bake cookies or a cake and lick the spoon or plant a seed?
ponder the difference between want and need?

Dust if you must,

but the world's out there with the sun in your eyes,
the wind in your hair,
a flutter of snow, a shower of rain.
This day will not come around, again.

Dust if you must,
but bear in mind, old age will come and it's not kind. . .

Happy Holiday whichever one you celebrate!

1 comment:

  1. What a great poem! This reminds me of when my kids were small - there was always an excuse to not dust. Now that they are grown, those excuses are gone. But the ones you offer here are good. And I add to that list - hooking, knitting and all this creative.

    xo

    W.

    ReplyDelete