Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Progress on Mat



Here is the progress on my first rug hooking project. I ran into a small problem of a yarn shortage but happily, Molly is going to drop off some yarn so I can complete it. I am anxious to figure out the finishing of this mat.

There are many ways to finish off a hooked rug and I want to try all of them. Molly's instructions use the cord and whipped finish. I am going to try this one first. It seems there are many ways to complete a rug hooking projects as there are hookers!

My second project arrived in the mail yesterday. It is a set of six mug rugs(coasters) and this kit uses wool strips instead of yarns. I am anxious to get started on it but won't until this one is done. On CBC noon radio yesterday, was all about rug hooking in Newfoundland and the revival of the interest in this art form.

Looking forward to the weekend to hook, hook and snowshoe as we are going to look into buying snowshoes to promote fitness around our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment