Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I wish!



I wish I could take bragging rights and tell you that these sweet crocuses are from my garden. They are not! My lovely garden is buried under 10 feet of snow. But I am sure that underneath the insulation of the snow, my crocuses are too, coming to life.

I ordered gripper strips from Shuttleworks in Calgary last evening. Pauline is going to make me a lapframe as I am finding it hard to hook with only a frame or an embroidery hoop. What a nice chat I had with Cal from Shuttleworks. He had been to Corner Brook many years ago and still remembered his time here.

I ask him how he got into the fibre arts and his story was twists and turns from working in the oil patch, to heavy equipment operator, to finally, a fibre shop. I must say the prices are excellent and being in Canada is a bonus too, with no duty to pay. I have looked all over for the gripper strips and the majority are in the $65 range. But Shuttleworks is $35 for the exact same strips. So if you get a chance, look up Shuttleworks.com.

I did a bit of rug hooking on the mug rugs last night, but after joining The Welcome Mat, my mind was heading in directions of future possibilities of projects. My, how talented some of the rug hookers are! Their projects are unbelievable designs and look like pictures, they are so detailed. Will I ever be able to do something like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment