Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Where Have You Been?





GRRRRRRR! I changed internet providers and even gave myself a couple of days extra, just in case. So when I tried to set up the new account on Friday, I was told that my hook up to the internet would require a service call which was going to be five days away. Oh no, no internet for FIVE WHOLE DAYS!

That would mean a long weekend with no blog pals, no email to my mother, no listening to internet radio and my favourite radio program, Coast to Coast, no new recipes, no encyclopedia, no Facebook, no online banking, no online shopping,no netflix... How could I survive it?

I did survive but how dependent my life has become on something I didn't even use much a few years ago. Pretty scary!

4 comments:

  1. So happy to see you back, Julie...missed your posts.
    Ya, we DO depend on the internet a lot, don't we?
    My computer was out for two weeks, but I survived as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've learned that setting up anything computer related just before a long weekend can be hazardous to your health.

    Same with starting any house renovations on a Sunday,we always need a part or tool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you are back.. I enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it amazing how dependant we become on all this technology? Glad you survived, but I'm sure it wasn't easy!

    ReplyDelete