Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!




I am selfishly savouring the last few hours of the first long weekend of the year. This long weekend was just what I needed. The weather was not good on Friday, great on Saturday and rainy/cold today, but that didn't matter.

We were able to do some hard pruning of the winter damage on my willows, raked part of the lawn and even put out some solar lights. To me, holidays are never about the commercial value of them and all about the spiritual value.

Oh yes, and of course, some quiet hooking on the window project. Looks very nice, if I say so myself.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a peaceful weekend! The window rug looks awesome. I love it!
    Happy Easter!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, Courtney stole my comment. Lol. Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love a quiet weekend ~ and I love your rug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie ~
    Your weekend weather sounded just like ours. I, too, did a bit of yardwork on Saturday but there is so much more to do!
    I love how your rug is coming along!!!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete