Sunday, January 2, 2011

January 2011






Well, what little snow we had last week, is almost gone today. It is beautiful and mild, and once in awhile the sun pokes it head up. Up early this morning and put away all the signs of Christmas. By this time, I have had enough and now, to crack on without any holidays until Easter.







Remember my hearts and flowers rug. I only have nine more squares to finish and it is done. I started it last year but as my Cheticamp frame is in the rec room, in the basement, I only work on it during the winter. When I rolled it ahead this week, I had no idea how many squares were left; I estimated 15 or 3 rows but was happily surprised to see only two. Once it comes off the frame, I will be doing a corded and whipped finish as this little rug is destined for floor duty!

5 comments:

  1. You are so close! It is going to look great on the floor. We have a little more snow on the ground than you do, but it is melting fast.
    I laughed when I read your comment this morning. It feels so good to get all the stuff put away and the house back in order.
    You will have to let me know next time you are passing through Deanne's shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie,
    I am looking at that green grass and thinking we need to send you a little snow! You ARE having a mild winter......... it must be heavenly. I took Mom to the grocery store today and almost froze my...... lettuce!

    Glad you are getting the hooking out! It's such a neat rug I'd have a hard time putting it on the floor but I guess they aren't called rugs for nothing!

    Happy Hookin'!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your not putting it near an out side door LOL...its beautiful...great work..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a simple yet beautiful pattern, Julie. It looks super and to discover you were farther ahead than thought. what a blessing.....Keep on hooking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's quite amazing to pull out an "old friend" that you haven't seen in a while and get re-acquainted, isn't it? I'm sure you will be done in no time. And it will feel so good to be finished! You go girl.

    ReplyDelete