Friday, May 15, 2009

City Life vs Salt Water Joys

I am now in Toronto for the Long "24" Weekend. I forgot just how busy the city life can be and how noisy in comparison to my quieter Newfoundland life.

I do enjoy the shopping and the materials so easily available at a short distance away without having to wait for Canada Post deliveries. Everything has advantages and disadvantages but sincerely, I don't mind visiting now and then, but wouldn't want to have to live the City Life.

Tight, tired faces. Car fumes and sirens. Foreign smells and words on billboards you can't pronounce. Nice to visit...nice to shop but I miss those salt water joys!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie,
    We are back from our trip. I see you are in Toronto.
    When are you passing through my area again? Maybe we can meet?

    We loved San Francisco....had a great time and nice weather.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete