Monday, March 10, 2008

Commuting Stories

I commute everyday to work. By far, it is the easiest commute ever and certainly, the shortest. First, let me tell you about the commutes I used to do daily. No matter what way I went, it could be up to two hours in the morning and two hours in the evening. Stuck in highway traffic, smelling fumes of the thousands of other commuters. Boring, grey buildings and blurred, equally bored faces. Truly, wasted hours spent on highways.



Now, my commute is less than 30 minutes. A handful of other commuters and the best scenery in the world. Beautiful bays and coves, bald eagles and if I am lucky and careful, a couple of playful porposies putting on a show of dives and jumps. I even recognize the faces that pass me on the opposite side of the road everyday around the same time. I don't know what they could be thinking. I almost want to wave at them in happy recognition. I daresay, they might think I am abit balmy, but then, they wouldn't understand how happy my commute is, if you compare it, to what it was in the past.



Happy Commuting to us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment