Monday, August 8, 2011

Aunt Bertie's Daisy Garden







Someone, I had the brilliant idea of bringing my Cheticamp frame from the rec room, to the deck for the summer. Once I received Cara's permission to do an adaption of her piece, Aunt Bertie's Daisy Garden, I went to work on the large project. It will be approximately 26 x 44 and I added a border and some dragonflies and lady bugs.

It hasn't worked out as the Cheticamp frame is also a monster and took up most of the deck, so it got folded up and eventually, will be moved back down to the rec room. However, I thought while it was off the frame, I would take a quick picture for today's post. It will be sometime before Aunt Bertie's garden will be complete but I hope I do Cara's art work, justice!

5 comments:

  1. It's going to be beautiful. Keep us posted on the progress!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great rug design! I can't wait to see more as you work on this one! Are you using wool strips or yarn this time?
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an excellent start....can't wait to see the finished piece :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, this looks great, as usual. I'm sure the finished result will be very satisfying.
    Your homestead looks absolutely stunning!! At least you people were fortunate enough to get some sun to let your flowers grow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is definetly starting out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete