Sunday, September 26, 2010

Marbleous Mat Makers!








What a busy weekend! I know that there is a rug hooking group in Corner Brook but because of the conflict between the Day Job and the time the group meets, I have never been able to join.

This weekend, the Marbleous Mat Makers, which must be a play on words between our gorgeous Marble Mountain and the group, had a demonstration of their mats. I was extremely impressed with the quality and artistic ability of these rug hookers.

With permission, I took some pictures of the display rugs, but these pictures pale in comparison to the actual mats.




And to top it all off, I won one of Cathy of Orange Sink's blog prizes!

2 comments:

  1. How fortunate, Julie and such Beautiful pieces of art. Congrats on your prize, too.
    I am supposed to be going to a Rug Hooking Weekend on Woody Island next Friday but because of the road conditions in certain areas, I'm not too sure as to how it will go. We are not connected to the Trans Canada Highway yet.
    I am so looking forward to it and seeing your post makes me want to go even more...Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your photos! I especially love the checkerboard rug with the cats and pumpkins!!! I love going to hooking gatherings, too! Congratulations on your Orange Sink win! Your part of the world is certainly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete