Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Needle Felting!

In the lovely package I received from Kim was a delightful little needle felting project.  I have often wondered about this craft but never have attempted any.  On youtube, I found some great videos on how to do it and started the project.



It is far from expert but for a first attempt, I think it turned out quite well.  I didn't use the quilting needle to add a running stitch as the manual suggested, preferring the muted, softness of the fibres.  I really enjoyed it and think this is another great fibre craft.


3 comments:

  1. Julie ~
    Congrats on the give-away win. That Kim is a sweetie!
    Your needle felt project came out great!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie,
    I think you did a great job on that needle felting project. Brenda (no blog), who works at Deanne's studio has made some amazing felted pieces. She has done poppies and its stunning. Next time you stop in, ask her about it.

    ReplyDelete